The City of Wadena Administrator oversees the roles and responsibilities of the Administration Department:
- Plan, organize, and administer the city to ensure a coordinated and efficient effort to meet goals and objectives established by the City Council.
- Coordinate the operation of all departments in city government including personnel, equipment, programs, and facilities to ensure citizens promptly receive high quality products and services.
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes for City Council meetings.
- Provide staff support to the City Council and city boards and commissions.
- Prepare the annual city budget.
- Coordinate city activities involving civic organizations and other government agencies on a wide variety of community issues and projects.
- Assist the public by responding to a wide variety of inquiries.